18 Aug Villa Maria College Alert Level Two Information for students and families – updated Tuesday 18 August
- All Wednesday sport is on this week, but with no spectators allowed.
- All Friday basketball is on this week, but with no spectators allowed.
- Saturday Netball: All netball is back on this Saturday, 22 August
- We will continue updating about about all sports as information comes to hand from respective codes.
- St Thomas of Canterbury and Villa Production:St Thomas have advised that ticket refunds will be done by way of bringing tickets into St Thomas with your bank account details, name of a/c etc during the hours of 7.15am – 2.15pm from Monday 24th August till Friday 4th September
Message from St Thomas: “Due to the unforeseen circumstances we have had to amend the performances for our combined St Thomas and Villa Maria Musical Hairspray. Under Level 2 guidelines we are unable to hold performances for the public. We are able to perform to our student community which gives the students involved an opportunity to showcase all of their effort and hard work. On Wednesday we will be performing for both St Thomas and Villa students (St Thomas 10.00am and Villa at 12.40). All Level 2 guidelines will be carefully adhered to. It is fantastic that the students at Villa and STC are going to have the opportunity to perform.”
Villa message: These arrangements have just been finalised by STC and Villa. It provides an opportunity for our students to perform, and for student ticket holders to see the Show. The timing means our girls performing will be out all day, while those attending will miss the second half of P3 and all of P4. The Villa performance is this Wed at 12:40pm. Students attending will be released from class at 12:20pm. There will be a list of those who have handed in tickets, and you will be marked off as you enter the Production
- Manaakitanga Day: We are not able to proceed with hosting visitors for Manaakitanga Day on Wednesday 19 August, so the usual Wednesday bells and timetable will be followed all day. We are investigating a postponement date later this Term on Wed 9 September, but whether this is possible is dependent on reducing to Alert Level One and also on the availability of schools to attend.
Opening and Attendance
- Students with symptoms such as a cold, a head cold, blocked ears, cough, sneezing, chills and a fever should stay home and contact Healthline for advice, which may include getting tested for COVID-19 as a precaution.
- Self-isolation is required for those who display relevant symptoms of COVID-19, test positive for COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, or have been overseas in the last 14 days.
- We are continuing with the current start and finish times for the remainder of this week.
- We are returning to set entrances into and exits out of each building to assist with keeping a distance when moving around the College. Please refer to the map at the end of this guide.
- When moving around the College through corridors and common spaces, you must keep to your left.
- When assemblies are held they will be split, such as juniors and seniors, and in different venues, to enable greater distance to be maintained.
- Students and staff maintain a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other. There does not need to be a specific measurement but where practicable 1 metre can be used as a guide, particularly between adults.
- Y13 can no longer leave site for lunchtime or study, unless study is at start or end of day.
- Library will close if it gets too full at break times.
- Girls to maintain a record of who they are with during their break times
- Use these designated indoor spaces for Interval and Lunch
|Y7&8||CL102 HA101 CL101|
|Y9||ME101 ME102 ME103 PR101 PR102 HA104|
|Y10||BR101 BR102 HA102 GY101 ME105 ME106|
|Year 11||Downstairs Kia Toa breakout and KT102 KT103 KT104 and Upstairs KT212 KT213 KT214|
|Year 12||Upstairs Kia Toa breakout and KT201 KT202 KT204 KT205 KT206 KT207|
|Year 13||Common Room and Hall and upstairs Art Rooms HA201 HA202|
- We have three spaces available for use as sickbays if needed.
- There are hand sanitiser units placed at entrances to buildings. In addition there is hand sanitiser in every classroom.
- Supplies are in classrooms for use as required for wiping down high-touch surfaces.
- Students are encouraged to keep doors closed to maintain a warm temperature
- There is no sharing of food
- Year 13 need to BYO plates, cups, cutlery for own use in Common Room.
- Drinking fountains are not to be used except for filling of water bottles by tap
- The Canteen is operated by an outside provider and will be open and following recommended hygiene practices.
- Students are to keep their own record of close contacts outside of class time.
- When using common areas such as break out spaces during class time, students must limit close contacts to within their own class members.
- There is an extension for students to use phones at start of lunch to 10 mins
- Use the extra time to photograph or record in another way who you are sitting with.
Sport and PE
- PE classes and contact sport are able to occur
- Cleaning of equipment will occur after each session
- Students to wash hands or sanitise before and after activities.
- Contact register kept of visitors on site
- We will follow the directives of various codes/sporting organisations
Cultural and Service Activities
- Visitor audiences are limited to 100 external visitors (non-students) for all events.
- Choir rehearsals can continue with physical distancing
Events and EOTC
- Events will be approved on a case by case basis, based on risk assessment.