13 Jun Student Learning Conferences
Tenā koutou parents and whānau,
On Tuesday 21st June (8.30am-7.00pm) and Monday 27th June (2.00pm-7.00pm) Villa Maria College will hold Student Learning Conferences. There will be no timetabled classes on the Tuesday and school will finish following Period 4 on the Monday, when girls will be released. Students are expected to be at school for their interviews and should wear tidy mufti.
Interviews will be held in classrooms (a map will be emailed closer to the date, alternatively, rooms are listed on the booking site). Interviews are five minutes, however, you are able to book a ten minute slot if you have particular questions or concerns. This option is particularly for senior subjects.
Make Sure You Attend
These interviews are a vital part of our partnership with you regarding your daughter’s learning and achievement. All students should have completed their Goal Setting for 2016 with their vertical group teacher and shared these with you. Up-to-date information regarding assessments and Effort and Attitude Reports is available on the Parent Portal and is being continually updated. This information will form the basis of your interview and you are encouraged to read and discuss this with your daughter prior to attending the interviews.
If you cannot book an interview with a particular teacher please do not hesitate to contact them via email (a list can be found on the website http://www.villa.school.nz/about-us/staff/.
It is recommended that you leave at least a five minute gap between interviews. The nature of this day relies on people to be on time for their interviews. There will be no bells running. If you miss your time for whatever reason it may not be possible to fit you in somewhere else. In this case please email the teacher. Teachers are having staggered breaks across this day to ensure the best possible availability.
- It is recommended that Years 7 and 8 book 10 minute interviews with their Homeroom teacher and Mathematics teacher. If there are specific questions or concerns, appointments can be made with other subject teachers.
- For Year 9 students the module has only recently changed (this is the subject where student study ICT, Textile Technology, Food Technology, Sexuality Education, Te Ao Maori and Financial Literacy for 1/6 of the year each) therefore please only book interviews in this area if you have specific concerns.
- Similarly for Years 7-10 Physical Education please make appointments if there are specific questions of concerns.
- Part time teachers have blocked their availability and may not always be available.
Learn More About Parent Portal and NCEA
While you are at the College for these interviews there will be an opportunity to learn how to logon to the parent portal of our student management system and information about NCEA. This will be based in the LIRC.(Library)
If your daughter will require supervision on this day (as the College is open for instruction) please email me so that appropriate supervision can be arranged: Sarah Kirk – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to book an interview with another member of staff (for example Mrs Wilson, Guidance Counsellor, a member of the Senior Leadership team, a Head of House or Head of Faculty) please contact them to arrange this.
Instructions For Booking:
If you have your daughter’s Effort and Attitude Report handy, you will be able to find all her teachers or these are available on her timetable on the portal.
Bookings will open after school today (Monday 13th June) and will close 9. a.m. the day before the interviews.
- Log onto website: www.schoolinterviews.co.nz
- School code is: pdjkb
- Follow the instructions and fill in all boxes. At the end of each page click on the green “Go” button. This will automatically take you to the next page.
- When you choose the teachers, please select all subjects and teachers you would like to meet with.
A confirmation email will be sent to the address you supplied on the first page. Please ensure that your most commonly used email address is in this field.
We look forward to discussing your daughter’s learning at these interviews.
Ngā mihi mahana
Assistant Principal (Curriculum)
Villa Maria College
21 Peer Street
DDI: (03) 341 1494
Cell: 027 4222 572