Enrolments for the 2015 school year are now closed.
Villa Maria College has a strong reputation and therefore is
highly regarded. Applications for places always exceed the number of
places available. It is therefore important that prospective students
apply early. The closing date for applications is 4pm on the 28 June 2015 for 2016 enrolments.
we have places available after accepting Preference students we are
permitted to take up to 5% of our roll in Non-Preference students.
Non-Preference students need to supply supporting documentation.
Enrolment Process for Entry in 2016
Applications close on 28 June 2015 for enrolment in 2016. While this is the closing date, you are advised to get your applications in as soon as possible.
• Complete the Application for Enrolment Form - Click here
Families will receive acceptance letters in early August, which will be the same time as most Christchurch secondary schools in 2015.
Read our Year 7 Enrolment Scheme
Villa Maria College Foundation Scholarship
Villa Maria College Foundation Scholarship is to support a student who is at
risk of not accessing a Catholic (Mercy) education. The criteria of being ‘at risk’ is where
there is financial hardship, whānau/family upheaval, whānau/family illness or
eligible for a VMC Foundation Scholarship you must:
- Be a Preference student with a commitment to
Mercy values* as you understand them and
eligible for enrolment within the Villa Maria College Enrolment Scheme;
- Be participating in special character
activities within your current context;
- Be displaying leadership qualities;
- Be able to explain the difficulties that may
prevent you from attending Villa Maria College.
Scholarship Application Form
Scholarship Criteria Information
Enrolment Criteria For Preference Students
A girl is entitled to preference of Enrolment if she meets at least one of the following criteria:
1. The girl has been baptised, or is being prepared for baptism, in the Catholic Church.
2. The girl's parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of her siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
3. At least one parent/guardian is Catholic.
With the agreement of the girl's parent/guardian, a grandparent or
other significant adult in the child's life (such as an aunt, uncle or
godparent) undertakes to support the girl's formation in the faith and
practices of the Catholic Church.
5. One or both of a girl's non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
Application for Enrolment
If you are seeking to apply for admission to the College in the next enrolment year or future years, please return this "Application for Enrolment" form.